Monday, May 31, 2010


Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calender; the month of fasting;the holiest period for Islamic faith. In addition Ramadan is the most important month for all muslim because it is the month of giving charity, kindness, helping other, and sharing meals with family. However, I like this month because when I fast, I feel and experience what needy and hungry people feel. All muslim prepare special foods and buy gifts for family and for giving to poor people and needy, who can't afford it, this can involve buy new clothes, shoes and other items of need.Also, Ramadan for me, is chance to change myself to a better person. After the end of the fasting period of Ramadan comes the Islamic holiday that is Eid Alfeter. It means the festivalof breaking the fast. All muslim donated food to poor people and everyone puts on their best usually new clothes and visiting relative and friends.

1 comment:

  1. I had some Muslim friends in college who celebrated Ramadan, so I learned how important it was for them. When is Ramadan this year?

    Corrections: "All Muslims prepare special foods, and buy gifts for family and to give to poor and needy people who can't afford them." "All Muslims donate food to poor people..."

    ReplyDelete